Social media is one of the most powerful tools in the world today. It helps you reach out to a million audiences across the globe. The emergence of Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and other social media platforms has in many ways benefitted the world.
The benefits of social media are widely distributed. It has affected the social, political, economic, religious, cultural, and all other sectors of human endeavor. And in business, it has had a double-edged effect on business transactions, marketing, and publicity.
If you are a CEO or a small business owner, know that providing good content for your audience on social media is essential. Engage them, and get them to like, comment, and share your posts.
#1 – Identify your ideal customer outlets. It is the first and most important part of your social media marketing. You can only create a lot of leads, close sales, and get your brand out there when you identify where to reach your target audience. How do you do that?
- You can hire an expert to conduct an assessment on your website to identify the target audience. Tools like Leadsift can help in doing this survey.
- Another alternative is to create a survey form for your audience on your website. You can decide where to focus your attention based on their honest responses.
- Then create a social media campaign for your business based on the response. Use Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, Snapchat, or more.
#2 – Create engaging content. Now that you have created your social media platforms, you must feed your followers with content. You build trust and increase value by sharing interesting content on your platforms. Ensure that the content you share creates a good image for your brand.
- You can hire a social media promoter who will share your posts periodically. Create your post along with trending issues or recent events.
- For instance, during the World Cup season, all your posts could be related to football and the update on the world cup. It will encourage more traffic on your platforms.
- Also, share links to articles, videos, and infographics posted on your website on your social media outlets. You can also share posts from other businesses and add your comment to them.
#3 – Use strategic hashtags. Hashtags will expand your reach behind a regular following because it increases likes, comments, shares, and retweets. It will give your post more visibility. Hashtags will increase your social media engagements and attract new customers.
- Using hashtags is the best way to group conversations around a specific topic. It can simply mean putting your company name or a tagline into a hashtag.
- For instance, Dewalt Group of Companies sponsoring a television show can create a hashtag like #DewaltBeautyShow, or #DewaltCrownQueen.
#4 – Show off customer testimonials. Seeing is believing. An effective way to let your brand speak for you is by sharing positive customer feedback. Imagine receiving a good comment from a client such as this:
- “Hi, thanks to Modular Group for your outstanding efforts to provide a good customer experience. I have benefitted so much from your consultation.”
- Sharing genuine feedback like this can win you wider recognition on social media.
- Many businesses also hire celebrities as influencers and brand ambassadors for their products.
#5 – Be consistent with your content. Consistency is the surest way to assert your dominance in the social media arena. Individuals go on social media almost every day. These people scroll to consume content available to them.
- You can have your company's brand glued to their thoughts when you are widely seen on social media.
- People may forget about you if you fail to give a regular updates. Increase your followers by engaging them. Give interactive posts on trending issues. It will get them talking and sharing your posts.
Social media impacts businesses positively. It facilitates brand recognition, customer engagement, revenue, and customer service. Put your business across various social media platforms and watch the positive impact!